Accelerate your shift to Flutter with FlutterMoove
Sebastian Paz has more than 4 years of experience in the IT industry, specializing in mobile development with React Native and Flutter. As a Mobile Technical Leader at Moove It, he provides the technical vision to help our clients overcome their mobile development challenges.
To enable businesses, and mobile developers, to accelerate their use of Flutter, here at Moove It we’ve created “FlutterMoove”. Essentially, FlutterMoove is a powerful Flutter boilerplate that provides that basis for rapidly bootstrapping the development of your mobile application.
For typical applications, by using FlutterMoove we can significantly reduce the time to start a project – and ultimately the time it’ll take a business to see their app go live. This is because we already have a tested starting point. This means we have aspects such as the libraries defined and the folder structure already established.
FlutterMoove comes with built-in components, as well as a clean and organized folder structure for ramping up your application quickly. We are constantly maintaining it on GitHub and we welcome contributions and suggestions.
Why move to Flutter?
There are many reasons to move to Flutter. Here we’ve highlighted three of the most important.
- High performance and seamless animations. In an earlier article on the Moove It blog, we conducted an analysis between React Native and Flutter. We highlighted the story of one of our clients, Vooks, and how they had a successful video on-demand platform built with React Native. However, in a side-by-side comparison, we could see a noticeable difference, and in particular with the Flutter app, there was a slicker user experience. It’s a user experience that you would typically only previously see with native applications.
- It’s truly cross-platform. Flutter really is cross-platform, enabling the use of a single codebase across Android and iOS. For many organizations this will represent significant savings in terms of cost and effort.
- Very developer friendly with features such as hot reload and a growing community. Having the hot reload means developers can more quickly see the impact of their work, drastically cutting down development time. Some technology executives have estimated that this feature drives a 10x increase in developer velocity (although more complex changes do require recompilation). Meanwhile, in 2021, Flutter was already the most popular cross platform development framework, having finally overtaken React Native. The community continues to grow strongly.
So what’s included in FlutterMoove?
Here are some of the key features that we’ve created as part of the framework.
- Built with the latest major version of Flutter.
- Three screens with common widgets and navigation.
- Authentication-based route resolver.
- Multi-language support.
- Built-in dark mode and multi-theme with pixel-density-aware widget sizing.
- Ready for continuous integration (CI) testing with GitHub Actions.
So what does it look like?
Learn more about Moove It’s Mobile Studio and the work we’re doing with Flutter and other frameworks: https://moove-it.com/studios/mobile-studio